Monday, August 4, 2008

Front section deteriorated

During our trip to Texas once there I discovered that most of the screws holding the bottom of the skin down lost all of it screws, and when trying to replace I discover that that board was rotted away, so today I decided to replace it with a board made of cedar, only to discover that almost the entire front section suffered water damage and dry rot was was merely covered up and even that at least the front side skin cover another skin, so I patch it to allow us to continue using her and will have to tear the entire front side down and rebuild her once I have the time and money. It goes to show you really really know what you got entire you are forced to remove the skin. This is one of our personal trailer and will want to do it correctly.

No comments: